My daughter Lily is a college student, and she created a list of gifts that she believes college students would love to get from their parents.
Whether you have a son or daughter, she put together gift ideas for both! This is the perfect way to show how much you are rooting for them if they are far away…
Also, these gifts apply to high schoolers as well!
For Your Daughter
- Popcorn – This is yummy, healthy, and a crowd pleaser! You can pick either salty or sweet-and-salty (my favorite)!
- Protein Bars – Easy and quick snack!
- Heart Earrings or Kendra Scott Earrings – These simple and cute heart earrings are something she can wear every day!
- Oatmeal Cups – This is easily the best snack or breakfast for on-the-go! Plus, this is a variety pack with flavors from maple to apple cinnamon.
- Healthy Care Package – These are a ton better than most of the snack packages I’ve seen! It’s loaded with protein bars, nuts, and chips! They can even share it with their roommate.
- Water Bottle – I feel like every college student needs to drink more water. This can be a helpful reminder.
- Gratitude Journal – Does she like to journal? This is great for her.
- Beaded Phone Strap – This is extremely popular and a must for any college girl. Trust me, she will be in awe that you knew what this was if you get this for her.
- Sports Bra – These come in multiple colors and are a top seller! Many girls say this is a Lululemon sports bra dupe!
- Lipgloss – This is one of my favorite lip glosses! If they like makeup, this is the perfect gift to add into the basket!
- Knitted Weighted Blanket – This is something I invested in a few months ago! It helps relieve stress and has improved my sleep significantly. This was also happens to look super cute on the bed too.
- Lululemon Leggings – These pair of leggings are guaranteed to make her happy! If she already has a pair, she will want more because in college that is all you wear!
- Pink Slides – Everyone has been raving about these slides! Comfy and cost-friendly!
- Fall Candle – Because what girl doesn’t love fall AND candles?
- Aveeno Body Lotion – They may be buying their own body lotion, but this one is by far the best! I discovered it my freshman year of college and have been using it ever since.
- Exfoliator – It’s very common to start to break out in college because of the stress of classes. Here is a clean, highly-rated exfoliator for them!
- White Oversized Zip-Up – I have been wearing this almost every day. It’s great to throw over an outfit for class. Also, try and get a size large because it looks better when it’s a bit oversized.
- Flannel – This is the perfect transitional coat for the next months! Flannels are back in style – and this one comes in multiple colors.
- Lightweight Sweatpants – These pants make for the best athleisure outfit!
- Short-Sleeve Top – A great basic shirt she can wear to class or the gym!
- Heating Pad – This is perfect if your daughter is feeling sore, sick, or just wants to relax.
For Your Son
- His Favorite Candy – Here’s a variety pack of small chocolates from Snickers to M&Ms! If he doesn’t like any of these, send him a pack of his favorite candy or treat. He will love it!
- Nike Socks – He definitely needs more socks…the amount of socks I lost in college and continue to lose is crazy.
- Gum – This is the best and much needed, especially when we have to wear masks.
- Carhartt T-Shirt or Long-Sleeve – This brand is popular and trendy for college! I see a lot of college guys wearing this shirt.
- Lululemon Shorts – I see almost every guy on campus wearing these shorts. He will love them, athlete, or not!
- Journal – If he likes to write or wants to get into writing, this is for him!
- Fleece Quarter Zip – Practical pullover that would look good on anyone!
- Candle – This is highly rated and great addition to his dorm room or apartment!
- Chapstick – I couldn’t recommend a chapstick enough. This one actually works!
- Heating Pad – This is perfect if your son if he’s feeling sore, sick, or just wants to relax.
- Water Bottle – Great reminder for him to drink more water!