Looking for something your teenage boy can do during this coronavirus quarantine that isn’t centered around a video game, Tik Tok, or Fort Nite? Check out these fun ideas. From sports movie-making to building to ways to get outside – we’ve got you covered for the long haul!
I’m so happy you’re here, I just want you to know that this post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click and purchase I will be compensated for being the helpful reason you found these amazing gifts!
- How about Movie Making??? Mini Sports Camera (Water-Proof) – This is a cheaper version of the Go-Pro, but it does mostly the same thing. Videos for DAAAAYS!
- Give them a reason to get outside! “Water Balloon” Slingshot – Let’s be real here: They’re going to use this for things other than water balloons. But it’s still fun, and it’ll still get them playing outside.
- Smartphone Projector – Transform your mobile device into a big screen! The Smartphone Projector is a charmingly lo-fi way to share your phone’s screen. Just place any smartphone that will fit into the cardboard box and the lens enlarges the image by up to eight times! Since the whole thing is made from cardboard and glass, it’s ultra-portable, totally wireless, and uses no additional power.
- Rubiks Cube – Because everything old is new again, and frankly, it’s just plain fun!
- Ultimate Coding Kit – Keep them entertained (and learning valuable skills) for long after the quarantine. It’s a little pricey, but you get a lot of bang for your buck!
- Build a Small Robotic Car – Nothing like switches and fuses to keep a kid occupied.
- Duct Tape Projects – A book on all things duct tape. Inexpensive and easy to follow!
- Table Top Robot – A fun project for an afternoon.
- Central Perk Lego Set – It doesn’t get any better than Ross and Rachel in Lego form.
- Remote Control Car – This isn’t your average remote control vehicle because they have to build it first. They’ll love the critical thinking!
- Archi-Tech Smart House – This is so cool. Your tween will build a working smart home!
- Master Chef Jr Cookbook – Do you have a future chef living in your house? Give them (and yourself!) the gift of learning to cook something better than grilled cheese and pasta!
- Skateboard – Every boy needs a skateboard, right? This reminds us of the trademark Vans print, too!
- Drawing Set – Such a great value! There are TONS of different types of colors, PLUS two sketch pads!
- Big Drone – If you’ve got a kid that’s into geography, technology, or even if you just want your kid to get outside more – we recommend this snazzy little thing.
- Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Gaming Headset 64GB – We know it’s a big one, but you’d be the hero if your son woke to find this 4D virtual reality set under the tree. Click the link and watch the video of the gameplay, you might want to keep it for yourself!