Here are 75 things you can say that will help you connect with your tween or teen!
- Great job.
- Way to go.
- I’m listening.
- I understand.
- I’m grateful for you.
- That must have hurt.
- I blew it. I’m sorry.
- I love your smile.
- You matter to me.
- What you said makes total sense.
- That meant a lot to me when…
- You must be really proud of ….
- Thank you.
- You put a lot of effort into ….
- How do you feel?
- You are enough.
- That’s a great question.
- You are right.
- That is true.
- I am glad you shared that with me.
- You are a huge help.
- That is a great idea.
- I value your opinion.
- You showed real strength of character.
- What do you think about that…?
- What do you want to do about…?
- I love you.
- That sounds like it must have been really hard.
- Wow, you are really getting the hang of ….
- You made a good decision when ….
- I’m here for you.
- You are not alone.
- I am rooting for you.
- Tell me what you think.
- I forgive you.
- That was brave.
- You can say yes.
- You can say no.
- Thanks for sharing that what I said hurt you.
- You worked really hard on….
- You’re friends are lucky to have you.
- Being your parent is my favorite job.
- It makes sense to me that you feel that way.
- You showed a lot of wisdom.
- Thanks for sharing that with me.
- I love your laugh.
- I think you had a lot of courage to stand up for…
- I know you can do this.
- I understand why you’re angry with me.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You can try again tomorrow.
- How does it feel to have achieved that after working so hard?
- It’s okay to cry.
- It’s okay to say you don’t know.
- I had such a nice time with you.
- That showed a lot of self-restraint.
- You were really disciplined when….
- Great follow through.
- I learn new things from you everyday.
- You have great ideas.
- Way to challenge yourself.
- You were so thoughtful when…
- You learned a lot from making that mistake.
- I love the effort and thought you put into that.
- How did you do that? Show me.
- You did that in such a timely manner.
- You showed a lot of maturity.
- I appreciate you doing that without being asked.
- That was an excellent job you did.
- Yes, me too.
- We all make mistakes.
- I understand why you are angry.
- You are a gift from God.
- This family wouldn’t be the same without you.
- I want to hear more.
Hi! I'm Sheryl and I'm so glad you're here!
Are you tired of having the same arguments with your adolescent son or daughter? Scared that you’re failing as a mom? At your wit’s end and not sure what to do?
I can help. I’ve coached moms for over 12 years to become conscious, calmer and more connected parents. And I know the difference it makes when you get support and learn new ways of relating. It changes everything!
One response to “75 Affirmations to Say to Your Adolescent”
Join the Newsletter
Receive once a week tips, inspiration, and what we're reading this week.
Hi. I’m Sheryl.
Welcome to my heart, my story, and my love for Moms of Tweens and Teens.
My passion and mission for MOTTS was born out of my personal journey – a journey that took me from a place of being fearful to show others the real me, to a place of slowly opening my heart to being authentic; a place of shame wanting to hide my challenges and struggles to experiencing the grace and love of being known and accepted; a place of not knowing what to do, to a place of experiencing the healing, wisdom, and transformation that comes from being a part of a community of women who are willing to share their hearts and allow themselves to be seen and known.
View Posts by:
Share Your Experiences. Join a conversation!
Need advice or support? Have an experience you’d like to share? Visit our Facebook Community and connect with other moms who can relate to your struggles.