No matter how good our intentions are, this coronavirus quarantine is leaving a lot of tweens and teens with too much screen time and not enough to do. If your teenage daughter is wandering aimlessly around your house, or rotting her brain with Tiger King on Netflix, check out some of these products + kits to help keep her engaged!
I’m so happy you’re here, I just want you to know that this post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click and purchase I will be compensated for being the helpful reason you found these amazing gifts!
- Makey-Makey – Circuits and sensors and coding, oh my! Turn your bananas into a keyboard, or design a controller with play-doh. With these kits, the possibilities are endless. Use this awesome resource for different educational activities with your Makey-Makey kit!
- Wreck This Journal – This is a journal unlike anything else you’ll see. Each page is another opportunity to destroy the journal (in the best way!). You’ll find prompts for painting, shredding, transforming, and unleashing your creativity.
- Women In Science: 50 Pioneers Who Shaped the World – A charmingly illustrated and educational book, New York Times bestseller Women in Science highlights the contributions of fifty notable women to the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) from the ancient to the modern world. It’s wonderfully illustrated pages, combined with its engaging writing will interest your young scientist from beginning to end.
- Inspirational Coloring Book – This coloring book – full of inspiration and motivational self-expression – has 36 pages of life mantras perfect for tweens and teens. [Be sure to also check out these free Harry Potter coloring pages.]
- Makeup – If you’ve got a budding YouTube Makeup Artist on your hands, this is a great value. You get a ton of makeup for a really great price.
- Stationery – Perfect for writing letters to the grandparents!
- Rule Your Room with Little Bits – Little Bits has found a way to keep kids coding and engineering with their project-based electronic kit that connects coding, circuits and her world! “Rule Your Room” has your girl building and tinkering where she wants to be – in her room! She can protect her stuff from her pesky little sister or brother, create a “keep out” sign, and so much more!
- The Cue Coding Robot with Sketch Kit Bundle – With all the robots out there for the little ones, it’s nice to see one that finally can begin to challenge our tweens. The Cue is geared to kids 11+, does it mean it will be too easy or too hard? The challenge will be up to her! If she is skilled in block coding, like what they do with Scratch, then she can skip that and go to the next level and use the text-based coding platform they offer of Java-script!
- No-Sew Unicorn Pillow – This awesome pillow kit contains all of the items needed to make an actual pillow.
- DIY Clay Jewelry Dish – We love this kit! It creates three unique dishes, and it comes with everything you need. Enjoy *hours* of entertainment!
- Yarn Llama – Because who doesn’t love a llama??
- Sewing Mini Treats – Create up to 18 different food plushies. Then, shove one in an envelope, and mail it off to friends. Learn skills AND have fun at the same time!
- All. The. Friendship. Bracelets. – Eventually, they’ll be laying around your house just like hair ties. Re-order thread right HERE.
- Acrylic Nail Kit – Everything you’ve ever needed to do acrylic nails. It even comes with a fake finger to practice! [Things we never thought we’d say.]
- GEL Nail Kit – Apparently, this is very different from acrylic nails. Or, you could just get both?
- Tie-Dye Kits – You have a ton of colors to choose from, and the instructions include techniques for eight different styles. You can make up to 36 projects. And if you don’t want your dishrags to be tie-dyed, check out THIS.